This scholarship is being offered in the memory of Katherine A. Rhoades, C.P.M. Kathy was very active in the Association having served as a board member and an officer for several years. Her undergraduate degree was in accounting and she provided good counsel to the board on financial matters. Her quiet demeanor and commitment to the organization made her a valuable resource. Kathy served as the Professional Development Chair and was deeply committed to the educational process that is an important part of the NAPMR vision.
She dedicated many hours researching and scheduling speakers for the many seminars, pre-dinner and dinner meetings that we present each year. Kathy worked with several committee members to maintain the quality and excellence of the educational program. She was working on her Masters degree at RIT at the time of her death. She would be honored to see that the work that was so important to her will continue.
This scholarship will be awarded on a competitive basis to a student attending an undergraduate degree program. The scholarship amount is $1,500.00 and is for the Academic year 2017 - 2018.
Each application will be reviewed by the Scholarship Selection Committee. The criteria will be Academic Achievement, Personal Characteristics and an overall GPA of at least 3.5 out of 4.0, or High School Equivalent. The decision will be based without regard to race, color, creed, sex or national origin.
All applications must be submitted by May 19, 2017 in order to be eligible.
· Completed Application Form
· Applicant’s Letter describing why you are applying for this scholarship and what you feel will be gained by this particular course of study.
· 2 Letters of Recommendation from persons not related to you.
· Transcript- Official copy of applicant's transcript showing grades for the prior school year from either High School or College/University or most recent course of study.
· Not a previous recipient of this scholarship.
· Applicants must be individuals whose primary residence [not address at school] is located in the counties that NAPM-Rochester services [e.g. Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne, Wyoming, Yates]. Call or email if uncertain.